A Love of Sail

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by alan white, Nov 1, 2009.

1. alan white

alan white Senior Member

2. lewisboats

lewisboats Obsessed Member

Snarl....A flogging with a Cat'O for all around. SOMEone fitted those ribs by hand, shaped and sweated over that hull for a pittance but had pride in their hearts and work. I'd like the hull to be witness as the drunken louts were dragged around on their fat bottoms for the hell of it. Makes me want to puke that does!!!

3. alan white

alan white Senior Member

I'm actually proud of whoever tied the boat to the four-wheeler. A minor success that it didn't part with some metal clip from Wal Mart whizzing at supersonic speed boatward. Strange definition of success, I admit.

4. zerogara

zerogara build it and sail it

Well, for all the hours and hours it takes to fair a scratched up hull I've never thought of this fast sanding trick before! You can just throw the grit of sand you prefer by a few truck loads and run it up and down the path a few times with some drunken rednecks in it for pressure. Water the pathway down for wet sanding too! Wow! How 'bout them apples!

5. bistros

bistros Previous Member

Actually not that far off the mark. Where my Dad lives in Northern Canada, they "sand" the bottoms of the welded steel plate fishing guide boats (Google Goodreau Steel Boats) by doing exactly this.

They hitch a boat to a pickup or ATV and drag the boat up and down a gravel road till the bottom is ready for paint. This doesn't hurt the boats at all and saves days of grinding out rust. The finish is actually better than grinding as well. It also helps grade the road.

--
    Bill

6. messabout

messabout Senior Member

Me too Lewisboats. A pox on the house of the drunken swine.

7. ancient kayaker

ancient kayaker aka Terry Haines

Wouldn't it be nice to see them do it again: this time without the boat.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.