Resin Infusion Method - Around the Chesapeake Bay Area?

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by hakalugi, Sep 10, 2015.

1. hakalugi

hakalugi New Member

Howdy,

I'm looking to build myself a boat and the method preferred/recommended by the designer is Resin (vacuum) infusion. I'd like to get some hands on experience helping you out for a day or two. I will bring any tools I have which you need that day and provide lunch (and free labor of course).

Not a psycho - can provide references (a marina owner, and another marina board member, among others) to show I'm sincere and not a risk to visiting your shop, etc.

Or do you know a supplier that holds workshops in the area? (I'll need to get my supplies from someone :) )

Thanks,

Fernando in VA

2. Tungsten

Tungsten Senior Member

Theres enough info on this site to get you started.Buy some proper resin and make some smaller parts/panels.This will give you the amount of distance the resin will flow in your environment.You'll make mistakes, but you'll get the hang of it.

3. paxfish

paxfish Junior Member

Tungsten, is there a good primer out there on the process? I'd like to make several panels roughly 1X2 foot....

4. Tungsten

Tungsten Senior Member

groper had posted one,cant remember where,it was a long read,had to take a nap after page one.Jorgepeace has a build thread,also groper has one.long reads but should point you in the right direction.