Hard cover for a T-Top

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by Steve_o, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Steve_o

Steve_o New Member

Looking to build a personalized hard cover for my existing T-Top. I have contemplated using Fiberglass, just not real sure about the process. Any suggestions would be nice, I may apply the idea to some new compartment lids I need to replace.
    Thanks for any help.

2. FlaFranco

FlaFranco Junior Member

Have you thought about using shrink wrap material over you existing frame, the fiberglassing over that as a starting point?

3. Steve_o

Steve_o New Member

Your kidding right ? I guess it could work, though the shrink wrap to mee seems like it would not be strong enough to hold the shape of the f-glass.

4. FlaFranco

FlaFranco Junior Member

I got the idea from my brother, He is head of engineering for pursuit. He is the fiberglass guru. If he says iy works, I would bet money it works

5. need idea

need idea Junior Member

i have the same problem no frame work thogh.i would like to start from scratch for a hard top should i use 1/4" ply.for base or some sort of foam pannel.? one more, the supports i here 2" ID alum. that sounds like over kill this boat is a 21'cuddy cabin Parker.
    I wa thinking 1 1/2" OD at the biggest, listing towards 1 1/4" OD tops appro.5'x6'I need all the help i can get. What type of aluminm t6 6160 or t6 6430. lord knows i need a complete list.