Resin INDUCTION for foils?

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by seamonkey, May 1, 2005.

1. seamonkey

seamonkey Junior Member

I've seen a demonstration of resin-induction,where resin is vacuumed into a cavity formed by two molds,and I'm wondering if this technology would be useful for making production rudders?---I'd think if a foam core was 'CNC'ed,to give enough space for the layup materials,,there'd be a little extra resin used to fill the 'extra-space',but the end result would be a one-peice unit which would be much stronger and time-efficient for production....

.......Any thoughts,ideas,,or links to further information??

2. ErikG

ErikG Senior Member

If I remember correctly, Etap in Belgium alrade uses thus process to make their rudders. I think it was in the latest edition of PBB. Cant finf´d the paper just now, but I'm sure I will be corrected if I'm wrong. [​IMG]

3. Buckle

Buckle Composite Engineer

RTM-lite

Sounds like RTM-lite. Its very affective. However producting a mould to be consistant (over 10 pulls) can prove trickey.

Theres not much to the principles. Mould design is slightly trickey but thats not the end of the world.

Infusion times can be reduced if assisted via an injection machine. There are numerious on the market, however Glascraft makes a range of machines which in my opinion are better value for money compared to MVP, Plastech etc.

Composite Intergration, UK are world leaders in this technology.

Hope this helps