Dutch members willing to have a look at a boat in NL ?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by apex1, Nov 16, 2009.

1. apex1

apex1 Guest

Hello Peers,

Ulas, a young NA (when finished studies in January) from Turkey, is looking for a boat in the 8 - 9 m range.

He had found a object in Istanbul, but that was firewood. Look here:
    http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/ma...e-winter-storage-more-29767-2.html#post308837

He also played with the idea of building, but was robbed. Look here:
    http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/open-discussion/aware-these-crooks-30114.html

Now we managed to find some boats in the price and length category through the net. But the better boats at reasonable prices seem to be in W Europe (of course). That is a problem for Ulas due to visa restrictions.
    And it is a nonsense to travel all Europe to see some boats worth not much more than the travel expenses.

There is one spot where several interesting boats are sitting: The Netherlands! And it is easy, and a hell of a nice trip, to bring a boat via Rhein / Main / Donau to Turkey.

Here is one example I would think to give it a look:

http://www.boatshop24.com/web/de/su...MIN=8&SEARCH_LMAX=9&SORTORDER=1&totalcount=26
    many more of course are on the market.

Are you, our Dutch friends, willing to make a broad inspection for Ulas, to narrow the choices down?
    Naturally, I would expect that to be done for free. As I did it here.

Any assistance much appreciated!

Regards
    Richard

2. urisvan

urisvan Senior Member

thanks apex,
    for the thread and the clear explanation.

cheers
    ulas

3. apex1

apex1 Guest

Not all together mates.................

4. yipster

yipster designer

well, not me thank you, i'm in bed with a cold, wont be in the hague and disagree why urisvan shouldnt look himself
    if all these fine boats are in holland than it may be worth a trip selecting one specially if you plan to sail it back anyway
    what your looking for is a free surveyer witch i aint, dont have an osmose meter nor want that responsability
    remember selecting and buying a boat should be more fun than fixing her up, so why not enjoy it yourself
    here my thoughts on most of these freebees but fine with me if others have other views or plans
    and it could very well be someone comes up with just the boat(s) urisvan seeks and a perfect solution

5. apex1

apex1 Guest

Thank you for the contribution, but

after reading it twice I could´nt find a reason why you wrote the post.

Not you, ok (so, why opening the mouth)
    You disagree, why Ulas should´nt look himself, ok you did not read my post.
    You are not a surveyor, ok, nobody asked for one.

Are you a bit bored?

6. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Unless I misunderstood, the original request wasn't for a full-blown 'free survey.' He simply asked if local members would take a quick look at some of the advertised boats, to help narrow the field down to those worth considering.

That would save Ulas from spending his boat money on travel expenses instead a boat, and having to perambulate around Europe looking at all of them himself.

7. apex1

apex1 Guest

Thanks Troy!

Moreover I made clear that it is NOT possible for him to travel for that reason. He will never get a visum for inspecting boats!

Having say, two boats left, a paid inspection would make sense, leading to a purchase.
    As the owner of the boat, he will get permission (visum) to transport his boat through the EU.

And what is so problematic travelling some kilometers to assist a Forum member? HE did not ask for it! It was my idea, because I did a survey for him in Istanbul and thought that could´nt be a problem for others too. And I´m willing to do the next as well...for free.

Regards
    Richard

8. Herman

Herman Senior Member

Hi Richard, took a while to get to post. (METS show, swine flu...)

Time permitting, I am more then willing to visit The Hague, to see what the boat is like.
    No, I am not a surveyor, but I guess I can take a quick look and decide whether a boat is ready for the fireplace or not.

9. apex1

apex1 Guest

Hello Herman,

nice, thank you!
    At present we will have a look at another boat here in Turkey. Not in Istanbul though. (means traveling 800km for me)
    If that is´nt what the seller and his pictures promised, we are in business with the Netherlands!
    Of course I did not expect a thorough survey, but if a brief inspection shows a piece of firewood Ulas does´nt need to pay for a survey.

Thanks again
    Richard

10. apex1

apex1 Guest

Thank you Herman,

we found a boat in Turkey and Ulas bought it!

But I was very pleased to find at least one willing to assist!

Whenever you need a Teuton to assist you, do´nt hesitate to ask!

Regards
    Richard

11. Guest62110524

Guest62110524 Previous Member

windvang would do it I am sure, he has not been here in a long time but there ya go, in Rotterdan windvang is a real sailor too, racing the whole bit

12. Herman

Herman Senior Member

Congratulate Ulas for me.

And of course: PICS or it didn't happen! :)

You know how to reach me if you need anything Dutch.

Best regards,

Herman

1 person likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.