Rescue ship/ Help

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by Alfonso, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Alfonso

Alfonso Junior Member

Hello,
    I'm trying to design an aluminium rescue ship,up to 15 meters long,that could also operate in shallow waters (1-1.5 m). It should have ramps that would be used to lift injured divers,first aid cabin,stretchers etc. It should have fire extingushing gun on the bow. This means that I want to design multipurpose rescue boat....

I would much appreciate any advice regarding equipment,standards,any ideas,anything at all....
    You can send me ideas to my mail ''ja1marin@net.hr''

Thank you in advance.

2. Kay9

Kay9 1600T Master

Look at the US Coast Guard 47 MLB. Thats about as multi-purpose as your likely to get and still maintain a viable craft.

K9

3. Alfonso

Alfonso Junior Member

Thank you

This is almost exactly what I was trying to find!

4. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Frankly, if you have to ask, you are grossly unqualified to design a rescue vessel. I can think of nothing that would require more of a true designer's skill than a vessel that will not only have to operate in less then ideal conditions, but expose itself to harm in rescue efforts. Please hire a qualified designer, preferably with experience in rescue craft. This isn't a place for amateurs, novices or anyone else that may be making decisions that could affect crew and victims lives.

5. Alfonso

Alfonso Junior Member

Par

I'm in fourth year on Naval Architecture Faculty,so i think I do know something about ships and their design... I agree with You that designing a rescue vessel is a difficult job, but I see it as a challenge.
    I also agree that this is no place for amateurs,but I have seen a lot of unreal ideas here,and that ideas were not judged in advance. As I see it,a can fail in designing it,but it would be an experience...

Finaly,I'm asking far help,don't I?

Thank You for Your reply, but as much as I agree with you, I would prefer Your help or constructive critics,more than your judging in advance.

Best reguards

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.