Request for 'Over the Horizon' Photos

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by rwatson, Nov 19, 2012.

1. latestarter

latestarter Senior Member

I have difficulty deciding when you are serious or joking, the odd :rolleyes: or ;) might help.

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

That would be too easy for you.

3. erik818

erik818 Senior Member

Where do you get if you dig forever downwards on a flat earth?

4. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

Australia. Down under

5. Petros

Petros Senior Member

we can see picture of the moon and other planets that are round like a ball, and guess what? we also have pictures of the earth from space, and it too is round as a ball. Even pictures from very high altitude aircraft show the curve of the earth.

If you fly (or sail for that matter) in a straight line in any direction on the earth you end up back where you started from after about 24,000 miles.

What other proof do you need?

6. masalai

masalai masalai

Ahhhhh but you successfully sailed in a very big arc and missed falling off the edge - lucky you :D

7. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

The moon and planets are discs. Straight lines don't exist except as a mathematical abstraction.

8. masalai

masalai masalai

Isn't it nice to use science and facts to confabble the masses like how many know this fact - see attached pdf

- - All I ask is that the entire document is read and can be verified by referring to the letters on public domain in libraries and universities and of course the FED'd own historical archive before criticising the content...

Attached Files:

9. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I like the theory that when formed the moon was only 10,000 miles up and the tides where 1000 feet swirling accros the planet twice daily.

But that was a long time ago when the world was made but god was fine tuning it in,-- as you do on a new build.

10. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

We are using the gravity, that is why there is less pull now.

11. erik818

erik818 Senior Member

Wrong gonzo. When I stand on a scale my weight is higher now than it was 20 years ago. Because my mass hasn't increased, gravity must have increased over time, not decreased.

12. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

That is because gravity has accumulated in your gut, that can be proven by science. However, you used several kilos of gravity, so there is less left to attract the rest of the objects in Earth.

13. yipster

yipster designer

So overpopulation should be the course half this country lays below sea level? Aint no local high gravity field far as I know. No, looks very flat around here! Its the low lands, in french named "payes bas" if i'm not mistaken. Gives some funny pics but sorry, no proof for a so called ""round world" :p

14. rwatson

rwatson Senior Member

omigod - so they were right ???? :p

What I need is a lighthouse obscured by the horizon, but the beam reflected off the low cloud above it.

Its all academic now, I have lost interest in their website.

I figured out the business model they use - they get people to register to argue the silly point, and then sell their email address.

Quite good really, lucky I used a temporary email address to register.

I think I might start one myself - "The moon is actually made of green cheese ", that might work

15. tom kane

tom kane Senior Member

I would like to know where you get some of your information from..gonzo it does not fit with what I read. None of us really know anything just pick info here and there.

Except of course our own experiences.Its so easy to Google for info and get a lot of old info just about impossible to keep up to date as average people can still be well behind developing science experimental proof.Take for instance, there is no such force as gravity.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.