Request for CSD 350 Dredger design

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Sathish Kumar, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Sathish Kumar

Sathish Kumar New Member

Dear All,

As a student my major project was to design a Cutter Suction Dredger 350. I have been struck for a while . Can anyone help in completing the projects expecting your enduring assistance in the mentioned things.

If anyone could spare me design of dredger would be kind

2. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

Dear friend, the design of a suction dredger, with bottom discharge, is one of the most complicated and laborious that can be undertaken (load conditions very difficult to calculate). It seemed to me, therefore, that you are asking for much more than any naval architect could offer selflessly.
    I wish you good luck with your request.

3. pafurijaz

pafurijaz Senior Member

I agree with TANSL, however I do not know if it can be useful, but I have found a model that you could use, and modify ..
    cutter suction dredger
    [​IMG]
    The file is for SolidWorks, but you can use the internal GrabCAD Workbench and save in other formats.

4. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

Nice model.
    Where does this dredge store the material it sucks from the bottom? And, if it does not have a cargo hold, how does it pass it to, for example, an auxiliary barge?

5. pafurijaz

pafurijaz Senior Member

Beautiful rhetorical questions .. :)

6. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

Okay, let's stop rhetoric and go to the concrete issues. Where can we place all the material that the dredger draws from the bottom of the sea?

7. pafurijaz

pafurijaz Senior Member

Hi, TANSL, these questions are the same, and I guess you already know the answer; and it is obvious that the dredger model is devoid of many parts and incomplete.
    I personally do not know how to respond to you, mine was just an attempt to help and I do not have the training and the necessary expertise, it was probably better if I refrained from posting the model, and avoid putting me in controversy .. However I apologize for my superficiality in thinking of helping out ..

8. pafurijaz

pafurijaz Senior Member

I understand what you say, but you already told him that it would be difficult to find help like that, so that I agree with you it's implied that my help would not have been to do the project and I would not even know where to start, but he studies to this .. however, the CAD file of the dredger should be parametric and therefore simple to modify and consequently generate the draft table..

9. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

Cargo hold of a dredger. No more explanations are needed, I think.
    Bodega Draga.jpg

10. Angélique

Angélique aka Angel (only by name)

[​IMG]

What is dredged up by a CSD 350 Dredger is pumped ashore through a floating flexible pipeline connected to the blue pipe shown in the post #3 drawing in the middle of the stern. The drawing is clearly inspired on the Damen Cutter Suction Dredger 350.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  11. Angélique

That dredger hold couldn't be more dissimilar to what the OP asked about, and what Pafurijaz rightly posted as an example, which clearly works.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  12. Angélique

Then it wouldn't be your project anymore, and also it wouldn't be in the interest of learning, best ask Damen if you can do an internship there.

Success with your studies . . :cool:

13. Angélique

No one ever asked on this thread for a dredge hold or a bottom discharge option, that you made up by yourself, because you clearly don't know anything about the matter at hand here.

You just can't help yourself by posting all this nonsense, and then trying to get into a polemic debate with other forum members about their useful contributions.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    Ad Hoc likes this.
  14. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

@pafurijaz, your rendering is more like the CSD 350 dredgers than what I have drawn in post #9. But I still think that your model has some things left and others are missing. You have to think about how the cutting and suction tool is and how to evacuate the detritus obtained from the bottom. The rest is a simple float artifact that has no complications.
    See this video :
    Cutter Suction Dredger 350 - Cutter Suction Dredger - Ranges - Damen https://products.damen.com/en/ranges/cutter-suction-dredger/csd350
    Maybe if the OP specifies a little more on exactly what he needs help, someone could help him.

15. Angélique

Not sure if we need a parrot here, and if this would do the forum or the OP any good . . .

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Post #14:
    That's exactly like Pafurijaz said himself in post #7:
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Post #14:
    That's exactly like I've said in post #10:
    Post #14:
    That I've already answered in post #12:
    If the OP is interested in help with his project, and in a career in that field, then he has already checked the above given link, and has found the following . . .

Damen ---> Career ---> Traineeship ---> Students & Starters ---> Students at Work ---> Start your best years Vacancies for students Internships & graduate assignments

Further: I partly agree with the below quoted part of post #2, which is the only near sensible thing you've said on this thread, so far...

Damen offers a lot to Interns and Trainees from all over the world, they don't do that selflessly, they need the talent in the future, so it's based on a mutual interest.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.