Request for clarification on Form coefficients of fishery vessel

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by msk.iitm@gmail., Jan 14, 2015.

1. msk.iitm@gmail.

msk.iitm@gmail. New Member

LOA =19.75m , LBP=17.83m, LWL=18.53m, Breadth moulded =6.50m, design draft=2m, spee10knots, displacement = 136.66 tonnes, froude number = 0.39. The above are the main particulars of my fishery vessel.. From the above particulars, i calculated block coefficient and i got it as 0.56. now i need to calculate mid-ship section coefficient for this fishery vessel, but i don't know how to calculate it properly. How can i get mid-ship section coefficient of fishery vessel from the above data? What are the suitable formulas to calculate form coefficients for fishing vessels? And what is the appropriate mid-ship section coefficient for my fishery vessel? Thanking you....

2. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

The first thing to say is that you check your calculation for block coefficient. I think it's not correct.
    With these data you can not calculate the mid-ship section coefficient. I designed fishing vessels Lwl 20.4 m, with pronounced keel, which, for the same displacement, had a m-s coeff = 0.46. But I would not take that figure as .

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.