25 HP yamaha 2 stroke

Discussion in 'Outboards' started by LowelandSystem, Sep 24, 2016.

1. LowelandSystem

LowelandSystem Previous Member

I have a semi v hull speed boat, it width and length is 13ft long, 6 ft wide and 3.5 height. The boats dead load is 130 kg and for live load: four person, will a 25 hp yamaha outboard can take the load. Kind regards.

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Is that 130 kg total weight? It depends on what your speed expectations are. It will definitely move the boat.

3. LowelandSystem

Yes I want to design the deck again, and put some more weight. here is a video, in our country materials are so limited we have to innovative and field engineer things, mold made of sheet metal. then tested with a 4 stroke diesel engine, which is absolutely a disaster for me, cause I didnt had the money to buy an outboard that time. And it was an water jet module for propulsion.
    Tried to make short docu video of our work flow. please dont laugh. :)

Youtube

1 person likes this.
  4. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Congratulations. It floats, moves and carries the crew.

5. LowelandSystem

Thanks Gonzo, any tutorial on how to make the negative deck mold, didnt find any on youtube.:confused:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.