Replacing Floating Home Hulls without removing from water

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by Jakob, Apr 8, 2023.

1. BlueBell

BlueBell . . . _ _ _ . . . _ _ _

You don't know that because you haven't spoken with the local people who would actually be doing the work.
    Then talk with the people in your area that do this type of work, then you'll know.

I've seen it done, and if done correctly, it is a thing of beauty.

Look, you're going to get a string of opinions from everyone's different experiences.
    You need to find out from... never mind,
    I'm beating a dead horse, scrap it.

2. cando2

cando2 Junior Member

Hi Jakob. I just came upon this thread of yours and was wondering if your home is still afloat. If so, have you found a solution? I think I came up with a solution and I think it will work and give you lots of hope, and at minimal additional cost. Let us know. Thanks.

3. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

If you want a quick and dirty repair it can be done underwater. Get a diver to screw plywood sheets over the existing hull. On the seams screw plywood battens with a rubber gasket to keep them water-tight. Not a big deal for two divers to do. It should take about two days at most.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.