Replacement gunwales

Discussion in 'Metal Boat Building' started by Ray K., Dec 8, 2008.

  1. Ray K.
    Joined: Dec 2008
    Posts: 1
    Likes: 0, Points: 0, Legacy Rep: 10
    Location: Maine

    Ray K. New Member

    I have a 14' or so Starcraft that needs replacement gunwales. Where can I find them and what would I expect to pay for them? The serial number for the boat is difficult to read at best and the manufacturer wasn't able to help me very much based on the information I gave them. I didn't have a lot of luck doing web searches, so can anyone give me the proper terms to look for?

    In the interest of getting on the water when the ice goes away, what about wooden gunwales?
  2. PAR
    Joined: Nov 2003
    Posts: 19,133
    Likes: 487, Points: 93, Legacy Rep: 3967
    Location: Eustis, FL

    PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

    Log onto any of the major marine parts suppliers and you'll find profiles of plastic and metal rub rails.


    This is a very small sample of what's available. These are "Taco" products and can be found at most any chandlery or marine parts outlet.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.