replacement engine

Discussion in 'Propulsion' started by cattelona, Jan 29, 2011.

1. cattelona

cattelona Junior Member

hi,
    i am helping a friend fit a 2.5 transit engine in his boat the reclaimed engine fitted exactly as the older transit engine all the coolers etc fitted but i not sure about the diesel pump as it has three wires connected to it i am presuming its to do with the fuel cut off but not sure why three wires , does anyone know how to wire it up and what they are for?
    cheers
    nick

2. KRL

KRL Junior Member

Hey, I have two 2.5 Tdi ford transit engine in my 19ft boat (planning hull) with shaft and 4 blade props. I cannot make the boat plane it seems that the power is there but it cannot plane sometimes I wonder if the engines are two heavy. Maximum I managed to get around 11 knots when reving at 2300 rev/min.

What is the size of your friends boat and what speed does he manage to achieve.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.