Repairing Impacted Foam

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by TaSSie_deVil, Jun 12, 2006.

1. TaSSie_deVil

TaSSie_deVil Resident Boataholic

G'day Folks...

had a bit of a mishap over the weekend involving a pole mark and my hull and I was wondering as to what the general consensus is in regards to fixing impacted foam? The foam is in a bit of a nasty area to fix by simply grinding out and replacing the foam (due to complex curvature in the area... right on a soft chine), so would simply heat-gunning it work to some degree?

attached are some shots of the damage to the hull... I am quite tempted to take it to the local professionals, but I'm kinda a broke uni student - so, anything that I can do myself is a lot better than paying top dollar for someone to do it for me.

cheers,
    tassie

Attached Files: