New material for me LORD Fusor

Discussion in 'Materials' started by rasorinc, May 23, 2012.

1. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

Today I was talking to a welder I've used about heat welding plastic. He does not do it but told me about Fusor. A 2 part adhesive with slow, medium, and fast hardeners. 3 types, 1 for metal, 1 for aluminum, 1 for plastics. He has fixed fuel tanks using each one of these. A big puncture he fixes by cutting a backing plate out of similar material, puts on this 2 part adhesive lets it sit over night. Tells them to fill it up and he never sees them again. He swears by these products and we discussed many uses for them and he has had a lot. The adhesive is stronger then the metal, aluminum, or plastic. They are made for the automotive aftermarket and body shops use a lot of this in their repairs.

Wanted to pass this on to the members here. www.lord.com Body shop supply stores sell it and I went to one and got a complete brochure. 32 bound pages.
    He went on an on bragging about the stuff. thats all.

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Yep, a special set of formulations, with specific physical properties. Basically it's PC-7 or JB Weld in a disperser gun.

3. thudpucker

thudpucker Senior Member

For Fuel tanks I like Marine Tex.

4. Herman

Herman Senior Member

ITW Plexus is similar in composition, and is used more in the marine market.

5. Petros

Petros Senior Member

let us know how it works on your radiator.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.