1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

rent 100-110ft mold for sailing yacht? or someone can build hull from own mold for me

Discussion in 'Boat Molds' started by gp333, Oct 1, 2009.

1. gp333

gp333 Junior Member

ok, PAR you know my budget now :): The hull is maybe 15% of the total cost, so a small difference is not significant.

If you was do similar project in past show images and other... this one sentence so stop you :confused:

2. apex1

apex1 Guest

YES AMATEUR! Thats the way it goes. YOU show us your budget and then WE tell you if it is possible and to which extend. But I doubt there is any budget worth talking, just premature dreams of a pretty barefaced novice.
    If you would have the money, you would have the offers for a boat already.

But you dream of doing such task yourself with a "team" of other dreamers....right?!?

3. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Do you have any preference of where you will pick up your hull? If you need it delivered that will affect the price.

4. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Gp333, judging from your former postings on this forum, it can be reasonably deduced that you are a young would be designer, with rather limited experience, looking to develop your business. For example this last spring you asked the differences between glass/epoxy composite and GRP hulls. You were looking for technical specifications and price points. Again this suggests you are a rank novice or the school you went to, didn't offer much in regard to building materials and techniques. Therefore it would be wise from my point of view, to discount you as a possible client for multi million dollar yachts, even if it's just a bare hull.

5. sabahcat

sabahcat Senior Member

BOOM Headshot
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.