making a mold of a jet ski hull help? please

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by blasterboy1980, Oct 13, 2006.

1. blasterboy1980

blasterboy1980 New Member

I am making a mold of the bottom of a jetski, I have some experience working with fiberglass but I have never made a mold before. can someone tell me what I need, and in what steps they would need to apply, I know something about waxing and mda or pda, and gel coat and also I have heard of using a vacume sucking to make is perfectly flat please help. we have a small shop in orlando we modify and repair jet skis call or shoot me an emial blasterboy1980@yahoo.com or call at 912 541 0647, Im going to basically make a mold of the bottom of the ski and then use the mold to lay up some carbonfiber thank you so much:D

2. Jimbo1490

Jimbo1490 Senior Member

There are a lot of really great books on this subject. You should read at least one before you try a project like this with its potential for failure (sticking to the existing hull, ruined/wasted material, etc.) The Barnes & Noble at Fashion Square had a bunch of good books on composite fabrication the last time I was there. I would stop in this weekend and give you a few pointers but I will be too busy this time around.

Jimbo

3. blasterboy1980

blasterboy1980 New Member

thank you

I will check out the book store

4. clt_capt

clt_capt New Member