Removing A Leaking Fuel Cell

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by mlb2992, Jan 4, 2010.

1. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

I too have done it dozens of times and after the first time, you learn to stand up wind. I also use the same trick to weld or braze a used tank.

2. mlb2992

mlb2992 Junior Member

Thanks for all the good advise...both tanks are out...no explosion...no sparks...still here!!!! Got the new ones ordered yesterday, and much to my surprise Pursuit did step up to the plate, said they didn't want an un-happy customer, and helped out the the purchase of the new ones!!

Once again, thanks to all....and to Pursuit for being a stand up company! :p

3. El Sea

El Sea Junior Member

What caused the failure of your tank? Were they setting in foam?

Luther Carrier
    Absolute Tank Cleaning

4. mlb2992

mlb2992 Junior Member

Not in foam...Pursuit did not do that in 1999, "They" say it was water on the inside of the tank, but I am not sure if I believe that. The corrosion was in the front of the Stbd tank...where the water should not set. The boat stays on a lift all of the time with the bow tilted up, where the water should drain to the rear of the tank. Who knows.....Pursuit did step up to the plate and helped out on the cost of the new tanks. Just goes to show you....a good company like Pursuit knows that their goodwill will pay off in the long run! :D

5. El Sea

El Sea Junior Member

Sound good, now you can update/upgrade to adapt to the ethanol environment.

Luther Carrier
    Absolute Tank Cleaning