Female Fiberglass Skiff Molds

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by Marguerite, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Marguerite

Marguerite New Member

Recently I was given two boat molds. I have built a few boats in my life but they have been made of wood. I am a woodworker not a fiberglasser. I am however interested in trying my hand at making the boats and finishing them out with the wood elements. The molds are "female" molds. I am familiar with laying glass over a mold but not inside a mold. Please share with me any information, advice, literature recommendations that might be of help. I am eager to move along with this undertaking.

2. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

We would like to help you !!
    This is quite an easy job for a person of your skills !!
    Can you post some pictures of what you got and see the condition of the moulds ! do they have any places that need repairs ? and what sort of repairs could they be .
    The library will have a bunch of books i would say , they ususally do .
    await your reply !
    :D