registering in boatbuilders ring?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by arcus, May 31, 2007.

1. arcus

arcus arcus

Hi Guys and gals,
    I'm a new member currently residing in Australlia on my boat the Nicky J Miller which I built seven years ago......I am a freelance writer and boatbuilder and currently design small craft under the Dolphin title. These craft are frameless and easily built and have proved popular...anyone else had any dealings with frameless boats, large or small?
    Second question..I've tried to register at the boatbuilders ring on this site but cant seem to get my site i.d. number right...der! where the hey do I find that!
    anyone wishing to see my boats can visit at www.dolphinboatplans.com or read some of my articles on www.ezinearticles.com
    Anyway, hi to all!
    Arcus

1 person likes this.
  2. Trevlyns

Trevlyns Senior Citizen/Member

Hi Arcus
    Welcome to the forum – hope you’ll while away many hours down here with the locals. Beer is free as are some of the idiots who hang out here. :D

Sorry I can't help you with the questions, but I'd like to add a quick note – your website has a lot of dead links on it. I tried it on two different browsers. Maybe you should check it out – you could be losing business! :(

Take care

3. arcus

arcus arcus

Hi Trevlyns thanx for your prompt reply , it's appreciated! I'm a bit mystified about the dead links, mate but I'll certainly have a good scour around the site and see what I can find...the gremlins are clearly alive and well on the net!
    Be lucky
    Arcus

4. Trevlyns

Hi Arcus
    Just checked again - The only links that DO work are Home, Articles, Photos D25 and Plans on CD. All the rest turn up "page not found".
    For the record, I don't use Internet Explorer (just can't get rid of the damm pop-ups!) But I tried it using Opera and Mozilla Firefox.
    Hope this helps.

5. Raggi_Thor

Raggi_Thor Nav.arch/Designer/Builder

6. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

popups

Trevlyns, I had bad popups on internet explorer, my IT savvy brother in law disempowered the" messenger service thingy" & they no longer come popping up any more cos the popups "ride" on that some how & now I'm much happier with this computer. Regards from Jeff:)

7. Trevlyns

Thanks for that info, Jeff. Unfortunately I share the computer with my seventeen year old daughter - who basically only uses it for Messenger :rolleyes: Mind you, I don't miss IE now that I use Opera almost exclusively.
    Take care!

8. Ike

Ike Senior Member

There are programs available on the web that will check your links and tell you if they are good or not. I use Yahoo's because I got my domain through yahoo and They are my ISP. All you have to do is run your web site through the checker form time to time and it will give you a report. Just google "checking web site links" You'll get a lot of hits.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.