34ft John Allmand

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Silverado6x6, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Silverado6x6

Silverado6x6 New Member

2. charmc

charmc Senior Member

Not enough information to tell. Allmand boats always seemed to have a reputation for being well built, and their website says they are still in business in FL. The site is very poorly designed, but there are some links at the top to get contact info, including a phone number.

http://allmandboats.com/

3. Pericles

Pericles Senior Member

An interesting dilemma! Just how bad are the engines? Will they turn over or are they seized? What about bolting on a couple of JetPacs, either diesel or gas and eliminating all the shaft drive clobber? Was she sunk? What does she smell like?

http://www.swordmarine.com/HowItWorks.asp

What do you know about boats? The boat's in Florida? You are in Alaska?

Pericles

4. Silverado6x6

Silverado6x6 New Member

Yes I live in Alaska, I'm 51 a master mechanic I have been keeping absolutely everything running at a concrete batch plant here, I mean everything, I rebuild motors, work on three phase wiring, drive a concrete mixer and do a lot of side work on equipment from the owners other sons like his 31' Bowpicker fishing boat.
    About three weeks ago I had an obsession ob trying to spend winters in Florida and with me I needed something of a project to work on so I started checking out big boats, anyhow I have pretty much given up any idea of trying to buy a big boat and work on it and it has to do with the fact that I am an Alaskan and not a Florida person, even on the coldest day there in the winter its still too warm for me, so I figure its all just a wasted dream that I got all involved with and so I should have just deleted this thread but whatever.
    I think it would be wiser to just go to Orlando every other year as a vacation with the family and not get into boats at all, I have over 35 years working on big rigs and I think its best to stay there.

5. Pericles

Pericles Senior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.