Aluminum hatches

Discussion in 'Materials' started by Orca1983, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Orca1983

Orca1983 New Member

I am looking for a hatch similar to. The plastic bomar but made out of aluminum any leads would be appreciated

2. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

3. Orca1983

Orca1983 New Member

Hatches

Sorry shouldhave been more clear i am looking for something similar tOthecheap plastic ones butmade from aluminum

4. FMS

FMS Senior Member

What size hatch are you looking for Orca?

5. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

Either you haven't bothered to click the link, or you can't read...unsure which it is:?::?::confused::confused:

Bomar Ally Hatches.jpg

6. Orca1983

Orca1983 New Member

Anybody can post a picture of an aluminum hatch and be a jerk but if you would have taken the time to think before you spoke you would understand that what you provided wasent what I am looking for those are commercial weld in hatches and yes bomar makes other hatches but those are also not what I am looking for that is why I said "like the cheap plastic bomar hatches but made out of aluminum" from my understanding if I was in your shoes and felt the need to help somebody out I would give useful info and would not try to belittle they with condescending fallow up posts and just because you put the little frownie faces dosent mean it is ok to me mean

1 person likes this.
  7. FMS

FMS Senior Member

You did not say what size hatch you are looking for Orca.
    Are you looking for square deck hatches? Round hatches? Specify exactly what you are searching for in function and dimension.

Bomar also makes extruded hatches similar to the plastic recreational deck hatches
    http://www.pompanette.com/pompweb.n...516b80a7e0512382852567bc0005030b?OpenDocument
    The plastic ones start at $112 and the extruded aluminum frame hatches start at $500.

8. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

Ok let me see how useful the information you provided to anyone reading:

Wow, so insightful and informative. My humble apologies for not understanding what "bomar" and "made out of aluminium" means nor for understanding how useful this comprehensive data is to someone with ESP! :eek:

9. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

You must provide more info. Hatchs are rated for location on the boat and the area of operation. for instance..... CE Area 3 (Deck, Coachroof, Cockpit and Transom).

Goiot and lewmar make nice hatches and the clear windows can be replaced with different materials.

The next level up are almost always custom make. Rondal is a supplier of alloy hatchs for yachts.., nice gear, the price will bring tears to your eyes

10. sabahcat

sabahcat Senior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.