Redundant Sonar / Depth Finders and Bilge Pumps

Discussion in 'OnBoard Electronics & Controls' started by ChrisN67, Feb 16, 2009.

1. ChrisN67

ChrisN67 Senior Member

I currently have a c120 with the low profile airmar head.

Unfortunately according to airmar, this head is diplexing and ALWAYS sends 50 and 200 hz out. When you "select" 50 or 200, all you are doing is "choosing to listen to that specific transducer - but the other stays on.

I always prefer to have redundant depth readings. Does anyone know of a panel mount type unit that operates on OTHER than 50/200? I only need depth, a larger thru hull is unecessary.

Also on a totally unrelated note, does anyone see anything wrong with using 600V 50 Amp low loss diodes to join all batteries and then power all bilge pumps from a common source. This would ensure all batteries are able to power all pumps.

Thanks

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.