Free Constant Camber 23 mold in Maine

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by cyclone, Jun 16, 2012.

1. cyclone

cyclone Junior Member

I no longer need my panel mold and would prefer to see it used rather than hauled off. The mold was originally constructed at the WoodenBoat School in the early 90's for a composite construction course given by Jim Brown and John Marples. I acquired the mold over ten years ago and repaired it and made all my panels and it remains in good shape save the staple holes. I also have a complete set of plywood templates of the full-size patterns included in the plans. More info about the particular boat is available on the Small_Trimarans site. My build gallery so far is below. Pm if interested. The mold is about 16' long but is light and could travel on a small trailer.
    JT
    http://picasaweb.google.com/101805757236857703688/ConstantCamber23Build

2. jamez

jamez Senior Member

Thanks for the link. I looked long and hard at the CC26 a few years ago. There don't seem to be many CC builds documented on line. Looks like you are doing a great job.

3. upchurchmr

upchurchmr Senior Member

Cyclone,

I don't thing you can receive a PM until you have posted a minimum # of times. I don't know how many, but the PM form did not allow sending one.
    I'm in Texas, so it would be a long trip to pick up the mold.
    I have never seen how the CC23 folds. Do you have any information?
    What kind of a mast/ sail are you planning on? I have the one page study information but find a the lack of completed photos, etc a bit of a concern for committing to this boat.
    Would you be willing to talk some more about the boat?

How much does the mold weight? A guestimate?

Marc

4. cyclone

cyclone Junior Member

The mold is not worth the time and effort to transport to Texas. It could be built in a week. The templates however could save considerable time and would ship flat if anyone is interested. The boat folds by unbolting the akas where they join the main bulkheads at either end of the cockpit and then the floats swing in and under the seat bottoms with the akas pointing upward similar to the F-boats but not as elegant because the weight of the ama is supported by a temporary jack/dolly during folding and unfolding therefore no folding is done off-trailer. My rig is a Hobie 18- sails mast and boom modified for roller-boom furling. I missed the absence of a pm option. I'll be happy to respond to questions here.
    JT

5. cyclone

cyclone Junior Member

The mold is no more. Templates have been saved in case someone wants them. I'll update when the boat is launched. Back to work.
    JT

6. sailcat

sailcat Junior Member

drawing

Hi
    do you have any drawings in digital of this tri?
    I'm looking for some materials which can be use in our school boat project .
    amas and hull tablets? which they can use as a start point in design proces.
    thank you for any help
    peter

7. cyclone

cyclone Junior Member

I believe John Marples hand-drafted all his designs. I only have the original plans, nothing on computer files. You might try contacting John directly through searunner.com.
    JT

8. sailcat

sailcat Junior Member

thank you

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.