recommendation for good underwater boat hull cleaning system

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by mariocroatia, Apr 17, 2012.

1. mariocroatia

mariocroatia Junior Member

doeas anyone know which system is good for underwater boat hull cleaning system ,thx !!

2. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

Im in the shipyard this month..From the shipyard a commercial diving company operates. The divers have contracts to clean the bottoms...mostly propellers.... of ships when the vessels anchor in the Bay. I see big diver controlled rotary hard bristle brushes. I dont know if they are hydraulic or air powered. In the morning I will ask the Pro divers for the supplier of the equipment they use and power supply. This is big commercial gear.

3. mariocroatia

mariocroatia Junior Member

4. WestVanHan

WestVanHan Not a Senior Member

I knew a guy who had a side biz doing this,he started out with the hydraulic drive unit but ditched it in favour of air powered.

The hydraulic may be more efficient,but with pneumatics all you need is an air compressor.

More research may be needed...

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.