magnum solo fisher

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by J D Donnelly, Oct 7, 2021.

1. J D Donnelly

J D Donnelly New Member

This is a you tube video of a plug I built of a shallow water craft designed for the shallow marsh of South Louisiana. It is roughly 16' long 40" at the top 37" on the bottom. If you measure from the top of the trick chine across the bottom over the pad and to the top of the opposing trick chine it will displace at 42". The floor will sit on top of the ledge formed by the spray rail, the transom will be free flowing and 20" tall . A 15" shaft motor will place the center of the prop at the bottom of the pad. there will be a box tunnel sized for a 25 hp prop. the boat can or will be set up either for tiller or remote steer.

its mission is to transverse the marsh and bayous at near 30mph, when reaching the pond allow the fisherman to move to the front of the center console that is designed to double as a leaning post while being poled, stand up paddled or propelled by a kayak paddle . Its mission is to make sight fishing by a solo flyfishing much more stealthy and painless.

The hull design is one I used for years with mud motors. it was successful brought to market as the gator tail extreme shortly after hurricane katrina. I introduced the pad concept to mud boat hull not to increase speed. I did so to get a different ground plane affect between the center of the hull and the chime, I put the trick chine in in a attempt to turn the mud away from the side of the hull. every time I got stuck in a low powered mudboat it was because mud made it up the side and suction got me!

the advantages in the underpowered early boats were they would not stick or slide out of control on a tight turn and more important to me they would pole straight.

while waiting for the you tube video to up load . I posted two photos of the mold

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.