Reading the River

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Yobarnacle, Jan 13, 2012.

1. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Es una tienda de campaña, Amigo. Cuando piensa esta' el viaje?

2. Yobarnacle

Yobarnacle Senior Member holding true course

No con prisa. Horita IntrepiDos es una lancha crudo. Un projecto! Tengo planes completo de renovacion cuando hay dinero.
    I've been patiently waiting for a voyage taking two lift boats to africa since mid november. Political problems in Nigeria have things on hold. If and when I make that trip, I'll be able to finish IntrepiDos in a few months of work. No prognosis posible at the moment.

3. hoytedow

Es possible que dos barcas tomaran este viaje. Trato a cumplir una barca antes del fin del ano. Pienso en posicionando la tienda en la barca para hacerlo mas comodo.

4. Yobarnacle

No creo. Hoyt,
    I use an agent. He doesn't make a dime untill I do. He has contacts with and inside the shipping companies. Those relationships are important to both sides. As is his relationship with clients like me.
    There would be zero reason for anyone to lie. If the company elected to send the vessels onward with a different captain, they are free to decide so.
    They would tell my agent they'd made other plans, maybe next time.
    He would tell me the opportunity evaporated and he was looking at other options for me.

Nobody gains anything by stringing me along with lies! Illogical.

:D

Explain what you are thinking of doing with the store in english. I'm not understanding why the store on a ship would be more comfortable?

5. hoytedow

I am saying I may set up the deck on a second boat so that at nightfall I can pitch a tent on it and forego having to go ashore. Sketch to follow.

Attached Files:

6. Yobarnacle

Oh! on IntrepiDos. No need. If ya'll wanted to sleep aboard, The center cockpit has 6 ft settees each side and is roofed over. We'd just rig side curtains. Maybe You and I rough it in the cockpit and let the ladies have the cabin.
    Head is in aft cabin.

7. Yobarnacle

IntrepiDos Cabin

Hoyt,
    This is a concept sketch I made of what I want to achieve. I already have 80% of the upholstery.

click on picture to supersize

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  8. hoytedow

Either way works, but we would be fine ashore in tent.

9. hoytedow

That's a fine looking arrangement. In my design there would be a board with a cushion on it. :)

10. Yobarnacle

I just figure we're together all day, everybody might want some recovery time apart at night. But if it storms or flooded or no suitable camp site, boats 30 ft long. We'll cram in there somehow!

11. hoytedow

We can make it work.

12. Yobarnacle

Slap my face! I'm sorry Hoyt,
    I understand now.
    I thought your mentioning the 2 boats making the voyage referred to the 2 boats I'm to take to africa. That they'd left without me. :D

Tienda does mean tent. I just never use it in that meaning. and TIENDA has strong bell ringing alarm triggers in my brain.
    My wife Julie, family tells me, was a strange child. She didn't play mama to her dolls. She'd ask for empty food boxes and containers and had a huge collection. She played STORE! Her dolls were customers! LOL
    Cute? She has started and managed 3 stores. Huge successes! I paid all expenses including purchase of stocks, To her, gross sales, net sales, and net profit are one and the same!
    Now if tienda is mentioned, i grab my wallet, back into a corner, and snarl defensively. :D

We use these words for tent. Depending on type of tent. Dosel, palio, lona, palapa, enramada, choza de tela. Tienda is a dirty word!
    LOL ..:D

13. hoytedow

Gracias for the new palabras. I have not seen them before en mi vocabulario.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.