Re-powering a Duffy 35

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by drunkin clown, Mar 20, 2011.

1. keysdisease

keysdisease Senior Member

Travis used to own a Mainship 34, thats where I know him from. He sold it and now owns a larger trawler, maybe a DeFever around 50ft.

2. drunkin clown

drunkin clown Junior Member

let me ask around for you,do you need to get in touch?

3. keysdisease

keysdisease Senior Member

No, I have his contract information. I was working with him on his Trawlers exhaust system awhile back. I know the boating community in Bermuda is pretty tight, whenever I talk with someone there they always seem to know everyone I have ever spoken with from there who has a boat.

This is a picture of a silencer of the type I mentioned in a Pilot Boat. Note the drain coming out the back and being re introduced to the exhaust gas discharge. This was done on this vessel because this unit was installed while the boat was in the water and a new thru hull to discharge the water below the waterline would have been difficult.

Typically the water would discharge below the waterline in a dedicated thru hull or a sea chest. Any water backing up through the exhaust gas pipe would immediately drain making backflooding impossible.

Steve

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.