venturer 44

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by CapBam, Mar 20, 2011.

1. CapBam

CapBam Cappy

looking for opinion on hull form of this model, I understand CS hull form acceoted widely as the standard now "Tennant, Kelsell, Maine Cat Ect.
    I am looking at a 1999 but can not find any opinions. I believe Frosty may own one!? I like the vessel but it was modified.
    Please help?
    CapBam

2. southatlantic

southatlantic Junior Member

I don't know much about the 44, but "Powerboat Reports" ran a comparison between the Venturer 36 and a trawler a few years back:
    http://www.powerboat-reports.com/issues/12_1/features/4900-1.html

The report is still available for a nominal fee.

Several years back, David Pascoe also did a comparison of a Venturer vs. a French power cat. I remember that he liked the Venturer much better (from a quality of construction standpoint), but cannot remember if it was the 36 or the 44.

3. CapBam

CapBam Cappy

Southatlantic,
    Thanks for reply!
    I will look for Pascoe. When i saw the hull form of Venturer 44, "Crowther design"
    I was taken back! I like the boat but can not find any opinions or past owners. I am reluctant to proceed. I thought Frosty owned one? Thanks for the leads
    CapBam

4. southatlantic

southatlantic Junior Member

I think you will find the Powerboat report very useful - they usually are - on matters related to quality of construction and the various solutions.

David Pascoe has removed this article from his site. I believe is was called A tale of two (power)cats", but perhaps some other site has reproduced it.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.