Looking for Gar Wood Plans - Miss Behave...

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by Tangusso, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Tangusso

Tangusso Junior Member

Does anyone know where I might purchase a set of complete building plans for the Gar Wood Hull Miss Behave (or similar 1935ish Speedster)? I would love to have a set of CAD files that might be compatible with a cnc router. The plans must be proven, and from a reputable source.

Additionally, I would consider purchasing a project boat of this description. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

3. Tangusso

Tangusso Junior Member

Thank you PAR. Do you or someone you know have actual experience with these plans? I would love to speak to someone that has purchased them and constructed this boat. I am also interested in knowing what level of detail is included......Are there some instructions, method and material details, construction options, or are they pretty much a set of drawings and CAD files?

4. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Tangusso, my idea and your idea of a fine set of plans will be quite different. My records show these are the best for this particular design based on your needs. Write or call Classic and talk to them. You'll find this plan set is very complete, much more so then the average set.

Yes, I've built batten seam "sportsters" in the past.

5. Tangusso

Tangusso Junior Member

Thank you again, PAR. I have made contact with Classic and await a response. I appreciate your assistance.