RayMarine ST40 Depth gauge on & off function…?

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by paularey, Feb 18, 2007.

1. paularey

paularey Junior Member

Is it just me or is this gauge in a stand alone set-up hard wired on if you have it wired up straight from a power source..? I just sat down for a half hour or so pouring through the owners manual and I see zilch about a on off function/button. It comes on as soon as power is applied/hooked up to it but I can’t for the life of me get one of the three keys/buttons to turn it off. The owner’s manual has tons of other info but all it says (I see) in the instructions at the beginning is switch on unit…? (but not how!) Not a big deal if I’ve got to put a separate switch in just didn’t think I had to when I bought it but then again maybe I’m just a little dense. Much appreciation for an experienced users input.

Paul

P.S. I'll dig a little deeper in the owner's manual tomorrowIcase it's just me!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.