Mercruiser 165 in 1972 Sea Ray 190: need new distributor

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Ike, May 17, 2012.

1. Ike

Ike Senior Member

I have been looking at myriad online boat parts sites for a distributor. No one seems to have them for this engine.
    It is a 1972 mercruiser GM 6 cylinder inline 165 3.7L ser# 3216148 This is the marine version of the GM 252.

Here is a list of the sites I have been to: They either don't list them, list them as out of stock or obsolete:
    iboats.com
    MarinePartsExpress.com
    mercruiserParts.com
    MarinePowerService.com
    marineengine.com
    MarineParts.com
    Petronix (they do not have a replacement either)
    boats.net
    performanceproductstech.com
    TCelectronics.com
    sterndrives.com
    jasperengines.com
    wholesalemarine.com

There were a few others that I forgot to write down.

They only one I have found is a used one (that looks in bad shape) on ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercruiser-...Parts_Accessories_Gear&vxp=mtr#ht_2066wt_1163

Any suggestions? The one on the engine is an automotive distributor and I want to get rid of it. It was put on by the previous owner. It has a new starter, alternator, all new fuel hose, plugs, ignition wire, and a host of other things. Please pray that this engine runs and doesn't have any serious problems.

I haven't been able yet to even crank it over.

2. Ike

Ike Senior Member

Found at Mallory.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.