Random Picture Thread

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by kach22i, Mar 30, 2006.

1. SaltOntheBrain

SaltOntheBrain Senior Member

Hey 1Much,

What part of Texas are you in?

I'm in the part next to the part that's on fire. In fact, I got home at 2am from assisting the forest service with those monster fires near Guthrie/Knox city.

We pulled in just as the wind shifted and then spent the next two hours running for our lives. Finally went home because the FD in the next town had to assist in another big brush fire and there was nobody to protect the hometown.

Lance.

2. afrhydro

afrhydro Senior Member

random picture of me and my boat

Attached Files:

3. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

salt,,,,,im in odessa/midland area,,,the area on fire last week,,heh,,and i got a cabin in robert lee,,,the place on fire the week before odessa,,, i hear yours is over 10,000 acres already.....good luck man

4. SaltOntheBrain

Two guys in the desert and all we can think about is boats. That's either sad or funny.

We haven't been called back to help yet. Today's liable to be much worse. Lower humidity and higher winds already this morning than we had most of yesterday.

We're volunteer, so I can go to the lake if I want. I'll be too far away to be able to respond. If it was calmer and warmer, I just might.

When we helped with the fires around Snyder a couple weeks ago, the organization by the Forest Service was good. Last night was frustrating. Impossible area to do much, and the dozer crews we were supporting were wasting time and kind of wandering around lost. But you know how dangerous those cedar-choked canyons can be.

Worst part was I forgot my camera and was at the most spectacular fire I may ever see.

Lance.

5. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

You boys been playin with matches again - you know only 'grown-ups' are allowed to play with matches;)

And seriously guys, take care out there, run before you have to!!

6. masalai

masalai masalai

Keep safe guys...

7. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

Thanks Mas.,, Walrus ;)

8. masalai

masalai masalai

We all have our uses - I am not sure of what mine are yet... ????

9. Kaptin-Jer

Kaptin-Jer Semi-Pro

Lance, if it will make you feel better Jim doesn't call it a desert. It's the land of non-skid.

10. clodgo

clodgo Senior Member

11. SaltOntheBrain

My wife moved up here for a few months before we got married. First time I spent any time here, I started calling the place "Parched Earth", and that was a year for near-record rainfall.

Some of the weeds have turpentine-like sap and practically explode when a spark hits them.

We were setting a back-fire trying to keep one of the fires from jumping a road, and the broomweed burst into flame and literally engulfed us the second the fire hit it. It was like lighting gasoline...Whoomp!

It's not all bad, the land will be infinitely better for it, it was choked with useless, waterhogging types of trees, and will return to what it was supposed to be. Protecting property is the trick. People refuse to maintain firebreaks and control brush on their property, and then they lose everything but their lives.

Lance.

12. Guillermo

Guillermo Ingeniero Naval

13. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Que pasa?

14. Guillermo

Guillermo Ingeniero Naval

Pasar, pasar, lo que se dice pasar, no pasa nada. :D
    Pero es simpático ver a toda la gente 'congelada'. Y la técnica es interesante.

Salud!

http://www.worldlingo.com/

15. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

dam foreigners ,,,always make ya go "huuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmppphhhhh"
    hehehe ;)
    and before he sends "friends" to "visit" me warusy,,,,tell him in that funny typing that im jus playing hehe ;)

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.