Random Picture Thread

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by kach22i, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Oleboynow

Oleboynow Previous Member

something from my garden yesterday

Attached Files:

2. Jolly Amaranto

Jolly Amaranto Junior Member

“If the highest aim of a captain were to preserve his ship, he would keep it in port forever.” ~St. Thomas Aquinas.

[​IMG]

3. whitepointer23

whitepointer23 Previous Member

4. upchurchmr

upchurchmr Senior Member

Alan,

I believe you know very well that we design what is demanded, as best we can.
    You hit the nail on the head.
    For more power you would have more load on the airframe, it would have to be patched up.
    The Navy version is a bigger wing, we proposed an increased range, increased payload, etc Airforce version. They didn't see the value for the extra development and long term cost.
    The customer and their dollar is almighty.
    Your buddy also missed the stealth requirement which adds weight and complication to the 35.
    Even more so the "networking" capability which is primarily a part of having a new aircraft to design and develop.
    Personally I don't know what the final comparison will be. I suspect no one else does either - who can go public.

5. whitepointer23

A huge waste of money and resources. Look at the medicare sytem america could have with the money spent on the military. Same as australia wasting money buying f35, s . Our infrastructure is falling apart but we have to buy fighters instead.

6. Rurudyne

Rurudyne Senior Member

The Aquinas quote made me think of a man who hasn't even listened to tales of the money needed to maintain a wooden boat.... ;)

7. upchurchmr

upchurchmr Senior Member

Whitepointer

I agree with you.
    If we could even slow down, tremendous things could happen.
    But look at wars and violence everywhere.

On a personal note, you'll never get me to agree to taking our guns away, in spite of the continuous violence. I don't carry one, but I'm thinking about it for about 100 different reasons.

I wonder what the victims of recent mass shootings thought when they were targeted?
    Boy I'm glad I don't have one of those!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sorry to everyone, I should never have put the video on a boat forum.

8. whitepointer23

I just think drones are much cheaper and can serve the same purpose. I realise we need defense forces but at what cost. They reckon drones will take over anyway because the human body is reaching its limit in military fighters. As far as guns go, how come no one has pulled 1 out and shot these school shooters . They seem to walk around shooting with abandon until the cops turn up. And your video was good and it was on a boat.

9. Oleboynow

Oleboynow Previous Member

flying low in my garden

Attached Files:

10. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

The authorities have deemed the schools to be gun-free zones, so the shooters know they can go in unopposed. Everybody is to told to run until they are cornered and at the last moments of their lives they are to throw chalkboard erasers in self defense(defence).

11. whitepointer23

Hoyte we can argue forever about gun control but i know it is futile . If it was harder to get guns maybe there would not have been 43 school shootings this year. Sorry to hijack the thread.

12. myark

myark Senior Member

My latest design "Little Bit More" for the boat key ring

Attached Files:

13. Rurudyne

Rurudyne Senior Member

14. Sailor Alan

Sailor Alan Senior Member

Fantastic design and execution. Really brilliant. My only suggestion would be to make the hole slightly larger, so it 'ran' and pivoted a bit better on the key ring, and was possibly a standard hex ring spanner.

15. Sailor Alan

Sailor Alan Senior Member

I'm sure you have all seen this photo before, but it was sent to me resently, and I found it quite amusing. It got me thinking if the stresses imposed by the shipping method might have been greater than the stresses of service, and did they in turn drive design at all.

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.