Random Picture Thread

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by kach22i, Mar 30, 2006.

1. viking north

viking north VINLAND

Haggis isn't bad with blue cheese on the side :D . I would dare to say that most of us here in North America have eaten horse. During and for about 5 years after WW2 barreled salted horsemeat was common fare but most of the population didn't know it. I seem to recall that most bologna was also. That was of course for those with money to buy it. In my neck of the woods we did and still do consume a lot of Moose. Properly prepared and cooked it is equal to or surpasses beef. Mmmmm I wonder if moose and blue cheese would compliment each other. ???? Food for thought !
    Best I get back at my chores--For all my fellow Canuks --Happy Canada Day

2. SamSam

SamSam Senior Member

Yes, but mine are picky and you can only beat them so much. I suppose I could trick them again, but they're becoming real wary and hard to catch.

3. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

4. philSweet

philSweet Senior Member

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocky_Mountain_oysters:D

5. viking north

viking north VINLAND

Ha Ha, Phil, good choice, A selected few do go "Nuts" for them, :p

6. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

How hung over from Canada day are you George?

7. viking north

viking north VINLAND

I was a good Boy, had only two cold beer. (Only because I have so much dam work to catch up on.) Dam work is interfering with my bubbly. Figure another week and I'll be back on the "Good Ship Lollypop". Just had a lightbulb, maybe I'll catch a flight and we'll celebrate July 4th. in style. Providing of course you got that dam big lawn of your's mowed, then again that can work up a sweat and start a chain reaction under the Stars & Stripes. Ha Ha -- "You All",(All) have a good July 4th. ---Geo.

8. hoytedow

Y'all have a good one too.

9. maroonsneer

maroonsneer New Member

Whoa! Would not want this situation to happen to me, I'm afraid of sharks :D

10. hoytedow

You aren't the only one. Welcome to the forum.

11. Jolly Amaranto

Jolly Amaranto Junior Member

Been face to face with sharks on a few occasions. The most tense would have to have been the time some friends and I were spear fishing while scuba diving around some oil platforms in the Gulf of Mexico, 12 miles south of Galveston. We had a stringer with a number of fish that were likely bleeding a little from the spear holes. A rather large hammer head was attracted to our activity and was zeroing in on the trail of blood. Dropped the fish and started to mosey up to the boat while the shark followed the stringer of fish. Fortunately we were not too deep so decompression was not an issue.

12. viking north

viking north VINLAND

Yes Hoyt " y'all " seems I haven't yet spent enough time down south, must rectify that :D

Speaking of sharks --has anyone been following those tagged great whites on the eastern seaboard.( www.ocearch.org/tracker ) One female given the name of Lydia tagged near Jacksonville Fla. traveled up to the south east coast of Newfoundland, swam between the mainland and a small Island frequented by local swimmers, - Continued on along the coast some 50ft. or so off the beach for some 5 miles before heading out to the Grand Banks and up the east coast toward Greenland. Once she hit colder water she turned south and headed for the Azores continuing along the mid Atlantic ridge turning right to end up back again in Jacksonville waters. I seem to recall she did over 25,000 miles since Mar. 2013.(thats almost around the world in 15 months) Great whites are very common in the Bay of Fundy/Gulf of Maine but less common further north, however Sable Island as well as Cape Cod now seems to now have a permanent resident population due to the over population of seals.

13. Yobarnacle

Yobarnacle Senior Member holding true course

Some scuba divers carry a super collapsed umbrella. Dark gray with BIG POINTED TEETH painted on it in white. And big evil predator eyes. Opening umbrella in face of overly inquisitive predators seems to discourage them.
    Considering the seal body shape of a kayak, maybe an umbrella rigged at the stern with some sort of line rigged to close and open it. :)
    Or maybe a big beach umbrella painted so, rigged as sun shade, that inclined, lowered in water astern if needed. Might keep seagulls away too.

14. ImaginaryNumber

ImaginaryNumber Imaginary Member

15. Yobarnacle

Yobarnacle Senior Member holding true course

that might work! :D
    If it were on the stern too, and under water.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.