Random Picture Thread

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by kach22i, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Angélique

Angélique aka Angel (only by name)

2. JosephT

JosephT Senior Member

I had no idea...

Attached Files:

3. lewisboats

lewisboats Obsessed Member

4. SamSam

SamSam Senior Member

5. viking north

viking north VINLAND

For the want of a nail ---Here we go again

Don't think this was posted before but hey if so like TV it will be a multi replay, something we're all used to. :)

Attached Files:

6. ancient kayaker

ancient kayaker aka Terry Haines

How many of those lowest bidder crane operator outcomes have we had so far? Anyone keeping count?

7. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

George that "incident" has a video, showing the whole thing and was posted a few years back. You might want to play with YouTube's search function, as it's fun to watch, along with the other good "splashings" available.

8. ancient kayaker

9. viking north

viking north VINLAND

Paul I don't know if I should do that or not. Man $7 million, here I was on pins and needles with this past pittance(photos) :) and within a few months I have to go thru it again to upright my present build(pittance) :D and sit her in a 4 wheel steerable cradle cart. Lifting boats in slings just gives me the sweats. Maybe I best not view any more of these nose divers. --
    P.S In the the first photo thats me with my hand under my chin and fingers crossed, In the second photo I think thats my helper son (hands on head). I asked him later what he was thinking , he said If she falls I'm gonna throw up" well I said you and me both. Over on the right thats my wife in blue Chatting away not a care in the world --La De Daw.

Attached Files:

10. viking north

viking north VINLAND

Great link Terry, my friends family lives there and he has been forwarding a few photos , Not a good time to be making landfall.

11. ancient kayaker

My brother's family and my nephew & his wife moved to Bodmin a few years ago. We visited in '11, that was the most variable weather I have ever seen. The weather systems swept on from the Altlantic and crossed Cornwall, changed from sunshine to rain every 30 minutes.

Fortunately they all bought houses on hillsides so they are fine, lovely part of UK but from the way they speak it hasn't stopped raining since we left . . . The troops have been called to Somerset - the next-door county - and giant pumps have been brought in from Holland, which had it's own floods in december. Parrt of London has been flooded, and the Thames barrier is being closed twice daily when the tides are high setting records for its use.

In the meantime the big growing area of Central Valley, California is having its worst drought ever. Around the World people claim that this is proof positive of global heating and also proof that it is not heating. This all merely proves we humans still haven't a clue about how this planet works . . .

12. viking north

viking north VINLAND

Hard to believe buildings along the banks of the Thames sandbagged and pumped to keep the water levels inside low. What would Jonnie Caboto think of it all. :eek:

13. philSweet

philSweet Senior Member

But we know exactly how it works. It is a bureaucracy, and they are all basically the same.

I couldn't locate the original source, but this list can be found in dozens of blogs.

I'd also propose an additional rule - "It is better to be wrong than to be alone." In this case, the only bad outcome is if you fail to choose a side and be loyal to it.

14. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Every successful businessman I've known lived by a simple rule - "own the problem(s)", meaning you have no choice but to embrace and address them, likely and eventually sorting them out. They may not be the best solutions, but there's not doubt who's they are and who stood up, which is what makes them successful, even in failure.

George, spring has sprung down here. The Cardinals are back out of the woods, tearing up the bird feeder, the water oaks have shed there old leaves and are bright green with new leaves and I had to mow the back yard today, because it was 6" already.

15. viking north

viking north VINLAND

How about -- Yesterdays weather --I know I lived thru it --Starting out at sunset --Bloody big snow storm--Turns to torrential rain with increasing winds --then more increase in the wind until it reached the wind warning of Hurricane Force. No kiddin Hurricane force it was. This morning +2C dropped to -6 in an hour freezing all that snow rain slush into about 2 in" of solid ice --EVERYWHERE. So never complain about mowing, as a matter of fact look forward to it with a long straw to reach the bicycle bottle holder mounted on the mower handles :D
    Here you go Hoyt --although I think Terry's got me beat --His neck of the woods have also had a rough winter. The guy that clears my driveway having fun on his new toy. Great rigs --getting me one of them --He who dies with the most toys ---Wins :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.