Random Picture Thread

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by kach22i, Mar 30, 2006.

1. ancient kayaker

ancient kayaker aka Terry Haines

Free Grolsch. No wonder she is floating . . .

More from the oopsy files-

Attached Files:

2. Angélique

Angélique aka Angel (only by name)

Well, seems to be better than Coca-Cola . . . :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Grandma in charge . . .

[​IMG]

How to convert a tri in a proa . . :idea: - - - ( . . . carry the spare ama as Grandma . . . )

[​IMG]

-

Attached Files:

3. viking north

viking north VINLAND

Was rummaging thru some of my OLD magazine "tear outs" and came across this neat little idea from Popular Science May 1960 and thought maybe there might be some interest in this poor mans life raft. Using more modern materials it would actually be not a bad craft. Sorry for the small size of the article, being computer challenged I have not figured out how to enlarge prior to posting also not sure if this was the appropriate place to post it, if not Mr. moderator I stand corrected ---Tnx. Geo.

Attached Files:

4. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Done.[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. viking north

viking north VINLAND

Boom !! It's blown up --now old guys can read without their glasses --- Thanks Hoyt

6. kach22i

kach22i Architect

7. lewisboats

lewisboats Obsessed Member

8. micah719

micah719 Plotting Dreamer

Mr LB, that is the best vid I've seen in a long time, thanks a ton!

You're home early....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  9. upchurchmr

upchurchmr Senior Member

I had seen the cat pushing the baby down the stairs, but it is much better after seeing the dog first.

Thanks

10. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

I have a friend who's purchased a vacation home, quite a way from here. It needed some repairs and the like, typical for a new home purchase, so me and the other half loaded up the two youngest dogs, some tools and dragged a trailer full of lumber, up to the house in the mountains. A little over half way, we stopped for the night at an animal friendly hotel and took in our cases, then leashed up the dogs. The room was on the second floor and the Rottweiler had never seen stairs before. He was beside himself and couldn't be consoled or convinced, so I had to carry his 90 pound *** up the stairs. His best buddy Ziggy the lab, was also befuddled, but managed to figure it out with some prodding. The following morning, we loaded up and went through the same ordeal coming down the stairs. Indy (the Rottweiler) doesn't like ceiling fans either, which is odd, because we've never subjected him to weird fan interrogation techniques, at least since getting him at 2 month old. He has since learned to cope, begrudgingly with stairs.

11. viking north

viking north VINLAND

Those far north east breeds were always smarter dogs. -- Good for you Ziggy for not lettin the boys down --:D

12. ancient kayaker

ancient kayaker aka Terry Haines

Labs rule when it comes to learning. My first dog was a lab; when she got old it was a snap teaching her how to use a stool to get into the back of the wagon. Of course she had her early education from a cat. No such luck with the Brittany - it was "lift me or leave me behind" with her. A great pair of dogs though; my hunting pal was green with envy over the way the Brit would quarter a field and freeze a bird on the ground, pure instinct, not training. The lab on the other hand was from Missouri: show me!

I have an ancient lab-X now who will use the stool but there is a rogmarole, a rhythme and a routine to it; nothing happens fast! Still, half a lab is better than no lab . . .

Attached Files:

13. viking north

viking north VINLAND

Huh !! Labs from Missouri ?? No No Terry Labs are from Fraggle Rock. :p Actually their real breed is not Lab at all but "The St John's Water Dog". Yup they are not from Labrador but the Island part of the province. Stay away from the pure breeds --Christ one guy with a breeding kennel down Stateside is now breeding Pure Red Labs. Soon they'll be checkerboard. I have always chosen one that looked good but about 75% pure.Much less medical and stupidity problems.

14. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

I like labs, always have. A friend has Golden retrievers and swears by them, but in spite of what the AKA says about their intelligence, I've found most can get lost at the end of their leash.

15. capt vimes

capt vimes Senior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.