Ragtime

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by Ron Cook, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Ron Cook

Ron Cook Junior Member

Looking for line drawing and photos information on the John Spencer 62 Ragtime and or similar designs by Spencer

2. Steve W

Steve W Senior Member

Ron,i grew up across the street from Spencers yard when she was built,an awesome boat. There was a story done on her when she was first launched in Sea Spray magazine, july 1966 issue,someone posted it online a couple of years ago,unfortunatly i cant remember where.
    Steve.

3. Cheesy

Cheesy Senior Member

There have been a few write ups on her over a sailing anarchy, you might be able to find some more info there

4. Tad

Tad Boat Designer

5. Guest62110524

Guest62110524 Previous Member

she was not launched Ragtime but as Infidel if I member rightly, small sis to Buccaneer, which won Syd/Hobart in 70,s, sometimes I crewed on her
    buc was sold into Au, buggest ply sloop in world, holed by whale crossing Au bight We had lots fun with Tom Clarke the owner
    from our house which was the only one ON the beach in Mairangi Bay at the time, we used watch her and Fidelis joust it out in the Gulf
    Whispers of Wellington was also very successful Fidelis was not a Spencer

6. Ron Cook

Ron Cook Junior Member

Tad thank you very much the story , drawings and photos are very informative.
    I have been recreating the lines in my computer just an educated guess. again thanks to all.......Ron Cook

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.