i need help to contruct a hobie cat

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by mimetattoo, Jul 20, 2012.

1. mimetattoo

mimetattoo New Member

hi people .. im jean from pr im loocking.. for some plans an materials for doing a homemade hobie cat 10 feet long to sailing in the beach .. can someone can help me ,, with plans and material i need a little orientation
    thanks

2. SamSam

SamSam Senior Member

3. mimetattoo

mimetattoo New Member

thanks

ok i got the plans ill go plywood an fiberglass what u tink

4. SamSam

SamSam Senior Member

If your thinking of the Hobby Kat, here's a thread where another guy was building one and there was an unclear part in the plans which he didn't understand...

http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/multihulls/question-you-experts-18564.html

If you did build it, use epoxy resin and glass cloth on the outside and everything inside the hulls should be covered in 1 or 2 coats of epoxy resin and 2 or 3 watertight hatches installed in the deck of each hull. Keep them open and the hulls ventilated when not in use and store it out of the rain. Apparently both boats can be disassembled, which is handy if you don't have a trailer or room to keep them. The Hobby Kat looks like the faster of the two plans.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.