racing sail design

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by tshino, Aug 19, 2007.

1. themanshed

themanshed Senior Member

Munter believe me I take no offense from you my friend, or anybody else. I like spirited conversations and I may offend others until they learn my wry sense of humor and forward manor. Perhaps Par is correct and Bill was blowing smoke up my *** but I do not think so...

On these sites you never always know who is pecking on the keys. I happen to know Bill for a good many decades. I also worked at Pratt & Whitney aircraft for a short time, I have been to his boat building shop when he was developing the SuperCat20 hulls, and knew his sailmaker for many years. I've also given Bill a hard time when I've had a chance, one of the only people who can get away with it, but I respect his knowledge, insight, and his designs. I've sailed against Bill when I sailed for a different factory and we went to the same auto mechanic (another friend of mine). Can't say much for his taste of cars!

Perhaps this sail design belongs on multihulls. I assure you the TMS-20 will have a square head main. The TMS-20 is a bit of a radical design the opposite spectrum of a cruising monohull but should prove to be a thrilling sail.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.