Patented Lord Bio-Keel Foil System

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by Chris Ostlind, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Chris Ostlind

Chris Ostlind Previous Member

As seen over on Sailing Anarchy just this morning, with a full explanation from SA member, Irishman72:

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?showtopic=97273&st=50&gopid=2499629&#entry2499629

"Introducing the new Doug Lord-designed foiling keel boat with patent-pending organic micro foils! According to Mr. Lord: "Surface area is the key. Get enough surface area wedging the boat out of the water and *anything* will foil. My real innovation is the use of random organic foiling surfaces, which are much stronger than carbon fiber/resin composites and don't cost anything more than a coupla years of moorage fees and some patience. Calculations show this baby'll foil in 6 knots of south-east breeze, 8 knots if the breeze is north east (due to the Coriolis Effect--results opposite in the southern hemisphere)."

Attached Files:

2. Seafarer24

Seafarer24 Sunset Chaser

For a moment I thought this was my boat...

...but then I realized the keel shape was all wrong.

3. apex1

apex1 Guest

Which keel shape?

4. boat fan

boat fan Senior Member

Thats no foil.....just a piece of reef he snagged...:D

5. bistros

bistros Previous Member

Hard to believe that's a Benny-Toe.

6. ancient kayaker

ancient kayaker aka Terry Haines

Where do you get that stuff? Imagine the abrasion resistance! It would make my boat almost bomb-proof.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.