Unqualified and ill-mannered SELDEN distributor in Turkey

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by urisvan, Jan 20, 2011.

1. urisvan

urisvan Senior Member

I had got a big trouble with SELDEN distributor in Turkey(Q sails, Tahsin Oge). He is representing himself as a qualified rigger who has a great knowladge about rigging and also has the support of selden . So i gave him the job to add a cutter stay and running backstay to my sloop boat. The price that he gave was sensible (not more not less) so i did not ask for the details and which blocks will he use etc… And what is more i gave the money. In short, i trusted him. But he gave me a pair of weak selden blocks(50 mm blocks) to use as runners on my 6000 kg boat. I refused to install them and sent the blocks back. And at the end as a very ill-mannered man he claimed that he is quiting to do my job and will not give my money back. He also did not do some other things that we deal and ran away.
    I have a Msc degree in Engineering and Naval architecture from Istanbul Technical University. If i was not a NA, probably i would use those weak blocks on the runners. And i a storm probably they will break down, maybe as a result of dismastling on open sea. And the blocks that was broken will be the selden blocks.
    Tahsin Oge is an unqualified and ignorant man because he does not know that the running backstays should be considered as backstays . And he is ill mannered because when you are trying to correct him. He swears and quits the job and doesn’t give the Money back.
    Maybe Selden is not reponsible for his jobs but he is using the brand reputation for gaining confidence of his clients.

regards
    Ulas Risvanoglu NA
    tel: 00905369805910

2. kenJ

kenJ Senior Member

Complaining here won't help much. I'd be sending a letter to Seldon with my complaints about his qualifications and attitude.

3. urisvan

urisvan Senior Member

i have already did it. I wanted to warn people for that rubber.

regards

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.