Quik kids cat

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by boatindad, Feb 13, 2014.

1. boatindad

boatindad Junior Member

Well i went with box beams of 1/2 inch ply. I found a gallon of brown porch paint for 5 dollars on clearance and 8 cans of white spray enamel(rated for marine use above the waterline for 2 dollars a piece. I go for my hin inspection tomorrow then a first float saturday. Thank you to everyone here for the advice and discussion. I will try to post pics soon.

2. boatindad

boatindad Junior Member

3. upchurchmr

upchurchmr Senior Member

BoatinDad,

Looks like you got everything you wanted. Looks like you got it sized pretty well
    Hows the control?
    Any idea where you will go from here?
    Keep looking for some cheap pedestal chairs like on a bass boat so you can sit up when you are fishing.

Have you decided if you like lashing down the crossarms to the hulls?

If you decide to make a solid deck, see if you can scrounge some broken ladders. Hang them fore and aft between the beams, and tie down a piece of 1/2" ply of plywood on top.

4. Yobarnacle

Yobarnacle Senior Member holding true course

Since you have kayaks, you can build a mount for them as a catamaran. there are youtubes and plans on internet for doing this and adding sails ect. Then you have double function boats and the storage is the same as you currently use. just a few poles and stuff extra.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.