Gregg Carlson and HulWiz

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ae Jae, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Ae Jae

Ae Jae Junior Member

Does anybody know what happened to HulWiz, that fed into Gregg Carlson's Hull design? I saw it but not since Geocities have gone. Any links?
    Thanks A

2. Kailani

Kailani Senior Member

Try emailing Lew Clayman
    lew_clayman @yahoo.com

3. Ae Jae

Ae Jae Junior Member

Many thanks Kailani. I'll give that a try.
    A

4. ImaginaryNumber

ImaginaryNumber Imaginary Member

5. Ae Jae

Ae Jae Junior Member

Thanks ImaginaryNumber. This is the link I've tried. You fill out Hulwiz form, tick agree, then tick "gimme hull". Next thing you're told that Geocities has closed and gives you the chance to watch a cheesey singer, cheesey dancing. But I might have missed something.
    Cheers A

6. ImaginaryNumber

ImaginaryNumber Imaginary Member

Ae Jae,
    I didn't actually try out the Hulwiz form, so didn't realize it didn't work. Sorry for the bum steer.

If you are able to contact Gregg Carlson, and if he is interested in reviving Hulwiz, maybe BoatDesigns would be willing to host it?

7. Ae Jae

Ae Jae Junior Member

No problem. I'm going to e-mail Lew Clayman, as suggested by Kailani. See what happens. In the meantime check out the cheesey-ness. Last year, for the first, I paddled an open Canoe. Within 20 metres I thought the vessel a poultice of a craft. Poor tracking, excessive drag and slab sided, making paddling awkward. Second thought was stop moaning and do better. I will. I wanted to develop my idea for what I think will be a far better canoe. It would have a bit of beam and tumblehome. Hulwiz supported tumblehome.
    Sorry for the lengthy reply. I have drawn it out and I've managed to develop it (not complete it) in Freeship. I'm still learning the software so the process is more protracted than this reply :)
    A

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.