Quick and Dirty Micro Powerboat, any ideas, plans, or designs?

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by JONSHOW, Dec 27, 2009.

1. JONSHOW

JONSHOW Junior Member

Well I'll be sure to post an update or two throughout the build, and of course it's eventual launch.

On a side note: I just read through an old thread of yours regarding freeship, and after a little digging I see that it's offered through sourceforge in its current free offering v2.3. Pretty cool. It looks like a super stripped down version of Rhino. Do you know if this app will generate flat patterns from the surfaces created? I know in solidworks you can do unfold operations when working in sheet metal, so I figure it's possible, but I dont know if it's an option with this app.

The reason I ask is it would be great to have a set of dxf files to build my boat from. I have access to CNC gantry router and using it to cut out all my panels would increase both the speed, efficiency and precision of my build. It may take some time to model the boat hull from the plans I'll get from Glen-L, unless they can supply the plans via CAD file which I doubt they'd do. But I think this will be the best way to build the boat.

Any thoughts?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.