questions regarding tahoe 19

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by gregpage, May 24, 2011.

1. gregpage

gregpage New Member

I have several questions:
    1). Can you recommend a stain that is compatible with west system epoxy?
    I know interlux makes a filler stain, but they said it may not work with epoxy.
    2). Is there a way to test to see if the fairing is complete, or do I just use the eye and hand?
    3). The side corner cap boards need to be rounded over. I don't think a router will work because it is not a right angle. Do I just do it by hand?

2. Lurvio

Lurvio Mad scientist

1) I don't have experience with epoxy but in general most work, but make darn sure it is 100% dry.

2) Some use water, just wet the whole surface and it'll show imperfections. Again, has to be dry before continuing. Getting the first coat of what ever coating is used will also reveal the mistakes. The coating thing won't work if stain is used.

3) Sharp hand plane, or sanding, and taking it slowly. Maybe cut a radius (inner) template out of cardboard or plastic sheet that you use as a guide.

Lurvio

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.