Need help on designing stepped forward-vented bottom hulls with staggered strakes

Discussion in 'Education' started by Trimix, Sep 16, 2004.

1. Trimix

Trimix Guest

I'm french student in an engineer school. For my project, I'm looking for informations about the theory, the design, the dimension and the placement of steps and strakes you can see on this picture : http://www.cigaretteracing.com/boat...r/38topgun1.jpg
    If my english is good, it's a stepped bottom hull. The bottom of sports boat like Cigarette often ran on a two-stepped forward-vented bottom with four staggered strakes.

I browse the internet about it but nothing interesting, and the library of my school is poor on that subject.

So could anyone please explain me the theory, the design, the dimension and the placement of these steps and strakes or give me books or publications references on that subject ?

After that I've too proove this configuration can work and be efficient on an assymetrical catamaran with a vertical planck in the tunnel.

Thanks a lot for your help and your advice

Hope you understand and will be able to provide me some help

Trimix

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.