Question

Discussion in 'Software' started by ScarabSS, Aug 4, 2010.

1. zeroname

zeroname Naval Architect

Is ur Linesplane in autocad design file or a scan page? If it is scan page/picture go for maxsurf directly , do 3d then scale.

if it is in autocad format , then u can scale it first then go to maxsurf.

The question is u only need to scale down the Length of the vessel or no problem if Breadth and depth scale down too ?Because in Autocad if u select the Linesplane ,use the command scale and put .8851.... Enter , will scale down not only the length but also the Breadth and Depth.

If you want to keep Breadth and Depth Constant then its better to do 3D model first with 27 m ,, then go to Rhino and do the 1D scale of the model.

2. Vulkyn

Vulkyn Senior Member

Scarab Hoyt is one of the very helpful members and his advice is sound and genuine.

3. NA me

NA me Junior Member

thx zeroname that was very helpful

4. NA me

NA me Junior Member

i'm manually recreating an offset table from scratch. from a A4 paper printed autocad bodyplan. what should i do with station lines that can't be read?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.