YachtForums.com

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by yipster, Nov 15, 2003.

1. yipster

yipster designer

This is the message:

Hi!

I saw you online at BoatDesign.net and wanted to let you know about a new site... YachtForums.com

I'm e-mailing people with an interest in boating to let them know about it. Hope you make it an occasional waypoint!

Best regards,

Carl Camper
    Administrator
    YachtForums.com

i got this e-mail like the rest of us i guess. yachtforums.com nice site, nice setup, some new ideas, same software and just like to mention it here. pitty its not loaded with info yet.
    personally i havent found a better forum than this one here yet. thank's to the guy's here on boatdesign.net

yipster

2. yipster

yipster designer

making that occasional waypoint i started wondering how many of us are launging rc heli's from boats? here my heli without the water drifters used for landing :D

Attached Files:

3. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

I'm sorry that they appear to have spammed a good number of our members :( Their site does have a lot of potential, but I hope they realize that spamming people isn't the best way to promote their web site in the long run. A single message from them would have been welcome - three or 2,059 is not so great.

--what I want is a wireless video camera/digital camera on a remote airplane or helicopter so I can take my own aerials

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Aerials

Someone does sell a remote controlled flying object (I don't recall what it was, though I think it might have been a small tethered blimp) specifically for taking aerial photos. They were franchising it as a business for realtors, yacht brokers and such - think I saw it in Boating Industry.

5. Tad

Tad Boat Designer

Jeff;

Well, it may have potential, but I can't see it yet. They have done a nice construction job, but the, "gee, big white boats are pretty" commentary is pointless. The remarks read like Yachting magazine. Posting a zillion photographs of yachts that they don't even know the names of!!!! Why?

I went over to the site (because someone sent me an email), but there is no reason to return.

All the best, Tad

6. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

I don't have enough time to absorb all the knowledge so generously shared on this site - let alone another one!:p

7. oddball

oddball Junior Member

nice clean layout..nice grraphics on the header, what kind of boat is that in the pic..i wonder if i can build it in my garage:eek: :D

8. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

I registered and after seeing the long threads about naked women and other non-marine issues I asked him to delete me as a member. I found it to be very unprofessional and didn't want my name and website posted there.

9. trouty

trouty Guest

Sounds right up my alley - how come I never got spammed to go take a look? ;o(

Cheers! ;o)

10. SailDesign

SailDesign Old Phart! Stay upwind..

trouty says:
    "Sounds right up my alley - how come I never got spammed to go take a look? ;o("

You're obviously not hanging out over on SleazeNet (tm) like the rest of us ;-))

11. Tad

Tad Boat Designer

Steve...

Could you post a link?

Best of the season to all.

Tad

12. SailDesign

SailDesign Old Phart! Stay upwind..

Tad - no offence, but find your own sleazy link. ;-)
    Steve

Happy Holidays 'n' all that!