Rep Points re: westlawn thread

Discussion in 'Forum Questions and Suggestions' started by Frosty, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

This post was writen just about a month ago. I appear to have had some rep points taken away for this post just recently--strange.

I am accused of having bad manners and taking away the moment.

I congratulated Will and apologised for not knowing what it was and asked if he would like to tell me what it was giving Will the opportunity to speak further of his acomplishment.( taking away the moment???)

For those who know what a westlawn is. I where I come from do not call it that --we say we have attended nautical colledge.

What maybe common knowledge to you may not necessarily be global.

The person did not leave his contact but prefered to hide it.

2. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

I'm not sure why someone would take away rep points so long after the fact, but it's probably because westlawn is so commonly discussed on the forums here (the westlawn school is discussed in dozens and dozens of threads here, being the largest long-distance yacht design school with students from around the globe, and one of only a couple who offer professionally recognized long distance yacht design courses -- if you google westlawn the school's website comes up as the #1 result, being simply www.westlawn.edu )

By saying "What is a Westlawn thinghy" it sounded as if you were criticizing the specific degree from that school that takes a lot of work to get.

3. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

This post that I made a month a go seemed to have anoyed some one to the point of making a deduction of my rep points.

I am accused of having no manners and taking away the moment.

Strange as I congratulated will and aplogised for not really knowing what it was,-- inviting Will, if he had have wanted, to explain further of his achievment,--- (taking away the moment?).

Where I come from we merely say that we had attended Nautical College. I had at that time never heard of Westlawn.

This person --'the deductor' did not PM me or explain further, nor did he feel it correct to leave at least his name.

Ironically he accuses me of bad manners.

What may be general knowledge to you may not be global.

4. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

Well, it wasn't me Jack! Your question didn't bother me in the slightest... hope I answered it with the link to the Westlawn site...

< question re changing my moniker | logging in the main page >
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.